Sunday, November 20, 2011

MLG Providence

So I just got back from MLG Providence, day three. This was the only day I went to Providence to attend the competition, and boy did I pick a good day. The friends I went with were there to watch Starcraft II, which is mostly what I watched, but I did see some Black Ops as well as some Halo: Reach.

Insight took the Halo competition. Not something I follow, but apparently they win all the time. And then a team called Quantic won the Black Ops against Envy (those aren't full names, but the important part, there are always X's and whatnot in people's names.) Anyway, that seemed kind of close (unlike the Halo, which was a blowout), but what I didn't like is that literally every single person had a FAMAS with a red dot. (Save one lone AK-74u, which I hate anyway.)

But both of those games were over well before SCII was done, and boy were those some great games. Throughout the day I, along with most of the crowd, became a huge fan on Leenock, a sixteen year old Korean zerg player who was an absolute beast. My friends were cheering for Naniwa, which was the final matchup (Naniwa vs Leenock). And at the time everyone thought Naniwa would win, but it just took a single game for Leenock to pick apart Naniwa's gameplay strategy, and after one loss, Leenock took the next four, taking home the trophy, the title, and the check, for $50,000!

For my first MLG event, and even thought I went just for day three, it was amazing. I had a blast. I'm more pumped then ever to jump on GameBattles for MW3. Can not wait to start. Stay tuned here for how I do when the team starts up.

Go Deep. Go Hard. (Which by the way was printed on the back of my shirt today, in case anyone saw me in the live stream)
-K1ng K00p4

PS - Here are some pictures taken from the god awful camera on my phone. The first is a view of the Black Ops stage, then Leenock taking his $50,000 check.


No comments:

Post a Comment