Monday, June 21, 2010

Barebones - First Impressions

Amazing. Put simply, these playlists are great. I'm not sure I'll be playing them as much as I thought though, mainly because I'm still working on Prestige Challenges, and this kills any hopes of finishing those. I did play a few games though, and boy did I enjoy them.

The first game I played was CTF on Vacant. Began with the TAR-21 with a Silencer on it, but that wasn't working out, ended up switching to a UMP45 and rushing the other team. I got their flag (the one inside) with about 10 seconds left, needless to say I didn't make it. Switch sides. I kept rushing out on the right side trying to flank and capture, but that was a mistake. It gained me kills, but it was too far to run back with the flag. I ended up capturing from the left in a blaze of glory with 30 seconds left. I ran it back through the enemy, killed the guy grabbing our flag, returned and captured before his Martyrdom grenade blew me to hell. Ended up 30-11 with the only capture of the game. Lots of fun.

It was really funny the first 5 kill streak I got though, the thought that entered my head was, "Wait, no Predator Missile? Umm...Duh! Barebones!" Funny how you get used to things.

That was my taste of Objective Barebones Pro. Now onto plain-old Barebones Pro. This is, again for those of you who didn't read my first post about these playlists, TDM and FFA played with 4-8 players.

Now, I love the mix up of Team Death Match and Free For All, it provides you the frantic fun of FFA as well as the team based strategy of TDM, a great flavor for a playlist. I have one big gripe with it though, the 4-8 player limit. And this is what's going to make me not play the game type alone (which is usually how I play.) While it's okay for FFA, the TDM games feel too small. It's like playing Team Tactical.

So my main point to be made to IW is this: Can we bump up the player limit of Barebones Pro to the standard 8-12 of TDM? We had 12 person FFA's in Moshpit. Please?

So, until next time (which will be in a few minutes, going to write another post about how I've been playing lately) I highly suggest you check out the new playlists if your platform is the Xbox 360, they're worth playing at least once, especially if you don't like having to shoot down all the harriers and choppers for your team all the time. When you do finally play them, leave a comment, let me know what you think.

Remember, Go Deep. Go Hard. (Yes, I'm going to sign off with that everytime, get used to it. =P)
-K1ng K00p4

No comments:

Post a Comment