Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Introduction

The phrase "all is fair in love and war," has been interpreted many ways. The simple meaning being that rules don't apply in love and in war.

I have modified this phrase to "all is fair in love and modern warfare," in the title of this blog in order to discuss my love/hate relationship with the Call of Duty series.

Now, I've been meaning to start this blog ever since Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was released. But here we are six months and twenty-four days after the street date. Looks like procrastination got the best of me again.

My goal was to use this as a platform to voice my opinions about the game; what I do and do not like about it in comparison to other games in the genre, specifically Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I would also like to discuss heavily in strategy and tactics used in the game. This could range anywhere from class load-outs to my favorite routes around a certain map. I also hope to give you a little bit of my gaming background in the future to help you better understand where I'm coming from in my discussions about the game.

Today is, in fact, the release date for the Resurgence Map Pack for MW2 on the Xbox 360. I will soon have bought and played it and will definitely be writing about it. That will probably be my next post in fact.

I want to wrap this introduction up by saying a few things about my discussions. I've already told you what I want to talk about, and those things aren't written in stone. But when I do talk about them I won't always be right and not everyone will agree with me. I think one of the best parts about playing MW2 is the diversity that can be seen in the play styles that players use. Even though I complain about "campers" I still recognize it as a valid play style. That being said I hope you enjoy the topics I bring to the table and that you hear me out in what I have to say.

Until next time, thanks for reading and remember, Go Deep. Go Hard.
-K1ng K00p4

No comments:

Post a Comment