Saturday, June 5, 2010

Strike - First Impressions

Okay, so I finally got to play Strike. God I love that map. I just want to extend my thanks to IW for bringing back those loving memories.

Anyway, tears gathered lets get back on topic. Strike. Great map. I loved it in the original. The MW2 engine does change things up a bit though. The obvious thing is color. I was actually discussing this with a player on Xbox Live last night. In COD4 the level was tan. All tan. Everywhere. I loved it, so much that I customized a Linux theme that was tan and had the MW2 box art as a main wallpaper on my dual head setup. Strike now, and I'll use that player's words here, "Looks like a poorly decorated bathroom." I thought it was a funny description. I'm not sure what kind of bathrooms he goes in, but I get what he means. There's color to it, and it's gritty. And I love it. The MW2 engine never ceases to amaze me, especially in these old maps that we all know and love.

It's not all praise though. It's probably the fact that it's MW2 and everything is a little different, but everything just feels bigger to me. It's like that feeling you get if you ever walk around your old high school and you think, "Wow, this place is tiny, it used to feel so big when I was 16," except the opposite. It makes me want to pop in my COD4 disk and try and compare. I imagine the guys over at IW used the same wire frames, but maybe things got tweaked, I dunno. It just feels a little off to me. But don't get me wrong, it's still the great map it used to be. It's just like all these remakes of games though, you just can't top the original.

That being said, remember, Go Deep. Go Hard.
-K1ng K00p4

No comments:

Post a Comment